Ideas

Ideas

birch wood
60 x 150 x 100 cm.
Oct. 2010 - Jun. 2011

This is one of the most complicated projects I've ever made, and includes concepts and techniques which I had learnt in the previous projects.

The concept is based on the "ideas" by themselves: how are they born, how do they grow, expand and evolve. The piece is made of wood as it is an organical and "alive" material, the main concerns are the balance and the space where the sculpture stands, as it has lots of outer and inner spaces (the concept which I previously worked on the resin sphere). The base only has 20 x 20 cm. and it sustains a central pillar which holds 11 pieces, which balance the sculpture. Each piece has it's upper part polished, and the lower part maintains a raw look.

An idea is born from something small, a thought, an image, a sensation. Then it grows and expands, generating different versions of the first idea, the balance and the disctintion between inner and outer space is to represent the relationship that stands between the mental idea and the real world and it's materialization.

Technically, it has been one of the most challenging pieces I've ever made, this time I wanted to test my limits, it was a lot of planning, as I had to make each piece separatedly and then glue them together and keep sculpting. The size and weight the whole piece has made it really difficult, and towards de end I had to use a grinding disc for the first time.

I think this proyect summarizes well my way of working, it has everything I seek when I work, and also reflects well my evolution since I started studying arts


Formulario de contacto

Name

Email *

Message *