The Wooden Egg

Untitled

Birchwood
75 x 30 x 30 cm
Nov. 2008 - Feb. 2009

The second "big piece" I made when I was at my second year of Fine Arts. Again, we had to make a sculpture, but this time we could choose between stone or wood.

It doesn't have a concept, but starting from this piece, I've always tried to have a challenge in each proyect I start, in order to learn more and surpass myself. That has become a theme in all my pieces since then, no matter the piece's concept, there is always a personal technical challenge.

This piece's challenge was to empty the egg without breaking it, I learnt that I could start the piece in several parts and then put them together. Also,making the whole piece stable by itself, and finish it faster as I also wanted to try stone sculpting.





Formulario de contacto

Name

Email *

Message *